He was once Haschel's student, but was kicked out of Rouge twenty years ago for being too lazy. Following him to the Home of Gigantos, which he has turned into a base for his band of thieves, the party fight him inside the main hall. After the fight, Princess Emille's uncharacteristically rude behavior is explained by Gehrich's revelation: the real princess has been kidnapped, replaced by Lenus. He dies shortly after telling the party the truth and is entombed by Haschel, at which point Dart regains the Red-eyed Dragoon Spirit and the party may continue the storyline in Fletz.
Gehrich is not a very fast fighter, but his attacks are fairly strong, a couple of Angel's Prayers are necessary. The attacks he use are listed below.
- Attack: Gehrich slashes a party member with his knife
- Triple Kick: Gehrich kick's a party member three times, with the final kick slamming them to the ground
- Double Team: Mappi and Gehrich team up on a party member*
* Gehrich will only use this if Mappi is still alive, if he is dead he can't use it.
Character Specific StrategyEdit
Note: Miranda, Lavitz and Kongol are included just in case you are using a GameShark or another cheating device to hack them back in your party
- Dart: Just use additions and heal when necessary.
- Rose: Have her use additions and heal every now and then.
- Haschel: Just have him use additions or have him use dragoon magic as Gherich is weak to magic.
- Meru: Have her attack, defend, heal and use magic items.
- Kongol: Just like Haschel have him use only additions, he has no other purpose.